Available to all students across Canada who are enrolled in a Forestry, Ecological or Environmental related program; who have been a member, leader or volunteer for a non-profit youth program.
$500 – Where possible and practical the Award will be made payable directly to the appropriate educational institution or provider of the learning opportunity.
Applicants selected for the Peter Mehl Memorial Award will best meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Canada
- Be accepted by a post-secondary institution within a faculty or program appropriate for entering a career in natural resource management fields
- Have a strong academic record, supported by transcripts
- A record of commitment to a not for profit youth program
- A copy of an essay up to 300 words
- A letter of recommendation from your school
- A letter of support and confirmation of your involvement with not for profit youth program
- A transcript of your academic record
Mature Student Applications:
Where transcripts or a letter of recommendation from a school is not feasible to provide other circumstances you feel may be relevant to the consideration of your application, which may include employment history.
Applications can be submitted by mail or email. Online submissions of this application are encouraged.