Our Control Systems Specialists develop and implement controls solutions to lead the charge when it comes to optimizing production processes, improving plant safety, product quality, and production throughput. Control Systems Specialists are responsible for controls standards, PLC/HMI programming, equipment commissioning, historian maintenance, troubleshooting of control system issues, as well as project support. Sound like something you may be interested in? Read on to find out more!
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to contribute to our Athabasca Division, a key producer of Oriented Strand Board and Engineered Wood Products. This state-of-the-art facility has the longest continuous press in North America, giving us the ability to produce a diverse range of innovative forest products for customers around the world.
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Post Secondary Engineering Degree or Engineering Technician Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3 + years of experience in a manufacturing environment (Forest Products Manufacturing preferred)
- Professional designation (P.Eng or A.Sc.T) is an asset
- Experience with PLC programming (Rockwell Studio 5000 preferred)
- Experience with Human Machine Interfaces (FactoryTalk View SE)
- Proficient with FactoryTalk software (Historian, View, Linx, AssetCentre, etc.)
Your ideal workday will look something like this:
- You champion improvement initiatives for current products and processes.
- You help drive change through innovative process improvement.
- You put creativity into action and apply your knowledge in statistical process control by running experimental trials and evaluations.
- You leverage your analytical ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- You lean on your strong interpersonal and leadership skills to build relationships and embed product quality and innovation in the mindset of others.
- You establish and maintain a program of quality checks, testing and data collection to ensure the conformity of incoming raw materials and compliance with end product standards.
We value diversity at Tolko and know that experience and knowledge comes in many forms. Even if you don’t have all the qualifications above, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.
So, what’s in it for you?
- You’ll take on an exciting new challenge with supportive team members.
- You’ll earn a competitive salary, plus an additional northern allowance.
- You’ll be eligible to participate in Tolko’s bonus program.
- You’ll be eligible for excellent benefits and access to our retirement plans, so you don’t have to choose between your bottom line and your wellbeing or your future.
- You may also be eligible for relocation support including community connections so you can live (and play) where you work.
- You’ll be supported in continued development through on-the-job and classroom training and reimbursement of tuition and membership fees.
- You’ll be part of a positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry, there is no better place than Tolko. Our family has been producing innovative forest products for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests and our business for upcoming generations.
We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at www.tolko.com/careers.
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say!
About Slave Lake
Our Athabasca Division is located two and a half hours northwest of Edmonton, Alberta close to the town of Slave Lake. Slave Lake is home to over 6,000 people, It’s an active community boasting two ball facilities, a multi-recreation centre, aquatic centre, and over 40 acres of parks and open space to explore. We honor that the town is situated on the traditional lands of Sawridge First Nation within Treaty 8 territory. Watch this video to learn more about the community and find out why life is better here.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers.