ANC Timber is hiring a Silviculture Forester
If you want to enjoy a balanced lifestyle and join a fun group of professionals, while working for an industry leader we have an opportunity for you.
ANC – Great Company, Great Lifestyle
A partnership between the Stern Partners and West Fraser, ANC has been in operation since 1989 and will harvest 500,000m3 this year. We maintain our competitive edge by producing a range of light weight paper grades and by branching out into complementary businesses such as power generation and transloading. At ANC, our goal has always been to empower our people to run our business in a way that allows employees and the company to grow, diversify and prosper.
Whitecourt, located less than 2 hours from Edmonton, is a thriving community of 10,000. The extensive recreation opportunities, including the Allan & Jean Millar Centre, Rotary Park and Eastlink Ski and Tube Park, make it a great place to call home.
ANC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and competency, an annual bonus plan and excellent group benefits. Professional development is encouraged and we encourage work life balance including flexible work hours.
ANC is a place where the Silviculture Forester will be able to use their:
· Degree or diploma in Forestry (RPF/RPFT eligible)
· Desire to make their job a place they enjoy
· Ability to work in a team of silviculture professionals and the larger Woodlands group
· Experience managing silviculture programs
What you’ll do as a Silviculture Forester:
· Supervise Tree Planting Contractors
· Supervise Stand Tending Operations
· Supervise Site Preparation contractors
· Supervise Road Reclamation contractors
· Audit silviculture survey program
· Ensure silviculture records are up to date in company GIS system
· Coordinate submission of Silviculture AOP
· Participate in ANC’s certification program
· Maintain regeneration strata balancing
· Participate in enhanced silviculture programs
· Silviculture budgeting and accrual
The job role can be adjusted to be leading or assisting on programs based on experience to ensure the candidate is successful in the position
The ideal Silviculture Forester candidate has:
· Desire to understand the connections between silviculture, planning and operations
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently in a field environment
· Proven ability to manage contractors
· Demonstrated leadership in heath and safety
· Working knowledge of ESRI software
· Experience with forest certification
This position will remain open until filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early for consideration.