our Technical Managers work with departments across our organization to drive innovation in our products and processes and help us deliver superior products to our customers. Looking for a chance to work in a world-class OSB facility and make a real difference? Keep reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Manager for our High Prairie OSB Division. Our mill is undergoing an exciting major rebuild and modernization of its main production press and you will be a key member on this project and our work going forward.
Experience in leading the organization and supervision of technical aspects of process improvements, technology, research and development, along with a demonstrated knowledge of OSB (Oriented Strand Board)/EWP (Engineered Wood Products) manufacturing processes is critical for this role. Your proven analytical and problem-solving skills, commitment to safety, and focus on quality and continuous improvement will help you get results. On top of that, strong statistical knowledge and computer literacy will help set you a part. A post-secondary education in a related field is an asset.
Your ideal workday will look something like this:
- You will lead with a strong focus on safety and provide feedback and support to our Process & Technical Coordinator.
- You will leverage your knowledge and experience in OSB/EWP to assist in the development and improvement of both new and existing products and processes.
- You stay on top of new industry developments and standards in technology and customer satisfaction in order to recommend, plan, and organize actions that will keep the mill current.
- You leverage your relationship-building and interpersonal skills to interact with our Sales and Production teams and keep the product cost model current.
- You use your knowledge of code requirements, third-party testing agencies and experience in statistical process control to plan, organize and implement resin or mill trials.
We value diversity at Tolko and respect that experience and knowledge come in many forms. Even if you don’t think you check every box, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.
So, what’s in it for you?
- You’ll take on an exciting challenge with supportive team members.
- You’ll earn a competitive salary, plus an additional northern living allowance on top of your base pay.
- You will be eligible to participate in Tolko’s bonus program.
- Competitive benefits and retirement packages come standard, so you don’t have to choose between your bottom line and your wellbeing or your future.
- Relocation support including community connections so you can live (and play) where you work.
- Continued professional development through on the job and classroom training and reimbursement of tuition and membership fees.
- A positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry, there is no better place than Tolko. Our family has been producing innovative forest products for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests and our business for upcoming generations.
We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at www.tolko.com/careers.
Applications will be accepted until the suitable candidate has been selected.
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say!
About High Prairie
Located four hours northeast of Edmonton, the Town of High Prairie is a thriving community with 26,957 hectares of park and protected natural assets. There are endless outdoor activities for both land and lake lovers alike and facilities include an arena, curling rink, indoor swimming pool, tennis courts and baseball diamonds. We honour that High Prairie is situated on the ancestral and traditional territory of the Cree, Dene and Métis. Watch this video to learn more about the community and find out why life is better here.