High Prairie, AB -relocation support provided
Working in procurement, you know that thinking BIG and proactively managing the supply chain in today’s market is critical to business survival. Looking to step in and make a real business impact? Read on to find out if this is the next step in your career!
We are looking for a Purchasing Team Leader to join our High Prairie OSB division. Our mill is undergoing an exciting major rebuild and modernization of its main production press. You will lead a team to provide on-time procurement of good and services to support this major project, and ongoing operations.
You are a purchasing professional who has achieved (or are working towards) your APICS, SCMP, CSCP, CPIM or equivalent designation. Your experience in a manufacturing environment means you understand the importance of safety, and how critical it is to maintain inventory levels and operating supplies. You’ve honed your communication, problem solving and negotiation skills, and have a can-do attitude. Bonus if you know your way around our ERP, JDE, or have willingness to learn.
Your ideal workday will look something like this:
- You lead the way in analyzing costs, selecting suppliers, negotiating contracts, and analyzing costs for the mill.
- You work with your team to make sure parts, materials and services are procured on time and on spec.
- You accurately oversee material and operating supplies inventory.
- You tap into your experience and support your team in finding creative solutions to meet business needs.
- You are known as a trusted partner with the business and deliver great customer service.
We value diversity at Tolko and respect that experience and knowledge come in many forms. Even if you don’t think you check every box, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.
So, what’s in it for you?
- You’ll take on an exciting challenge with supportive team members.
- You’ll earn a competitive salary, plus an additional northern living allowance on top of your base pay.
- You will be eligible to participate in Tolko’s bonus program.
- Competitive benefits and retirement packages come standard, so you don’t have to choose between your bottom line and your wellbeing or your future.
- Relocation support including community connections so you can live (and play) where you work.
- Continued professional development through on the job and classroom training and reimbursement of tuition and membership fees.
- A positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry, there is no better place than Tolko. Our family has been producing innovative forest products for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests and our business for upcoming generations.
We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at www.tolko.com/careers.
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say!
About High Prairie
Located four hours northeast of Edmonton, the Town of High Prairie is a thriving community with 26,957 hectares of park and protected natural assets. There are endless outdoor activities for both land and lake lovers alike and facilities include an arena, curling rink, indoor swimming pool, tennis courts and baseball diamonds. We honour that High Prairie is situated on the ancestral and traditional territory of the Cree, Dene and Métis. Watch this video to learn more about the community and find out why life is better here.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers.