*Relocation Assistance is Available**
Weyerhaeuser Company is currently accepting applications for Journeyman Millwrights for our OSB facility located in Edson, AB.
We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic, and a desire to work in a manufacturing facility.
Starting rate of pay is $46.26 per hour- will increase to $47.65 per hour on April 1, 2023.
Shift Rotations are 12-hour shifts, 4 on/4 off; or, 10-hour shifts, Monday-Thursday, or Tuesday-Friday.
Full benefits including
- Health, Well-Being, and Future
- Medical + Prescription, Dental + Vision for you and your family
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Retirement Plan Options with Employer Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time Away from Work
- Paid vacation
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Disability benefits
Appreciation and Opportunity
- Competitive base pay and a site performance bonus plan
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Machinery lubrication & other preventative maintenance assignments.
- Repairing & troubleshooting mechanical power transmissions.
- Bearing installment, coupling, belts, sprockets, and chain drive installations.
- Repair and troubleshooting of Pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Metal fabrication and basic principles of cylinder repair.
- Some troubleshooting and exposure to industrial electricity issues and controls.
- A personal and total commitment to observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a Millwright
- Journeyman Millwright certification.
- Extensive hydraulic experience and training.
- Extensive experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance.
- Basic experience with overhead cranes and rigging equipment.
- Must be able to work with minimal direction.
- Flexibility to work multiple shifts including nightshifts.
- Leadership experience is an asset.
- Experience working with multi-trade crews and contractors.
- Clean Drivers Abstract.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Hydraulic experience on OSB Press would be an asset.
- Willingness to work alternate shifts.
About Wood Products
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.