Weyerhaeuser Company is currently recruiting for two (2) Entry-Level Production Team Members, who have the potential to grow into Operator roles with our OSB facility located in Edson, AB.
We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic, and a desire to work in a manufacturing facility.
These roles are 12-hour shifts, four (4) on, four (4) off, rotating between days and nights.
- Responsible for the daily operation of manufacturing equipment that produces oriented strand board.
- Responsible for cleaning the assigned production area, which involves sweeping and removing debris.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance and clean-up on equipment.
- Perform quality checks and ensure production of quality products.
- Problem solve and troubleshoot equipment and issues regularly.
- May operate forklifts and other mobile equipment to manage product flow.
- Complete shift paperwork and record-keeping.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn new jobs and skills.
- Total commitment to working safely and following all safety rules and regulations.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ownership and commitment to safety and risk assessment.
- Willingness and ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Industrial Manufacturing experience is a strong asset.
- Successful completion of the pre-employment testing process.
- This is a safety-sensitive position. Candidates must be able to pass the pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
About Wood Products
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.