DATE: January 5, 2022
JOB NUMBER: 2023-01
HYBRID WORK: Eligible
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Athabasca, Alberta
Alberta Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner for the Human Resources Business Unit to work out of our mill site in Athabasca. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing HR business partnering services to Corporate and Operations client groups, guiding talent management and development programs, and managing employee relations cases.
Who Are We?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
- Business Partnering – Developing and maintaining relationships with corporate and operations clients, providing high quality professional HR services to support the delivery of business strategy and plans during a period of significant change.
- Employee Relations – Managing employee relations cases and investigations.
- HR Advice – Providing specialist advice on the interpretation and application of policies and procedures, resolving queries and issues.
- HR Programs – Drafting and implementing Human Resources frameworks and tools for recruitment, performance management, talent development, workforce planning, succession management etc.
- HR Data Analysis – Delivering analyses of HR data; identifying key trends and contributing to the creation of HR insights.
- HR Processes – Overseeing the delivery of annual lifecycle activities, recruitment, onboarding and/or offboarding, and HR administration.
- Supervision – Overseeing HR team daily activities and developing HR team members.
- 5-10 years’ progressive generalist human resources experience.
- Forestry, manufacturing and/or commodity industry experience is an asset.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (Business, HR Management, etc.).
- Chartered Professional Human Resources (CPHR) designation considered an asset.
- Demonstrate strong skills in coaching, relationship management, change management, Alberta employment legislation and regulations, and experience working with Success Factors is considered an asset.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, prioritize and organize a demanding workload, influence, collaborate, work independently and problem solve.
What We Offer
- A compressed work week (Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
- Hybrid work arrangement.
- A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program.
- Four week’s annual vacation (increasing with service).
- Company paid dental and extended health benefits from day 1.
- A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
- Relocation assistance is available.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.