Weyerhaeuser Company is currently recruiting for a Process Control Technician Co-Op role at our OSB facility located in Edson, AB.
We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic & a desire to work in a manufacturing facility.
This position requires working a varied schedule as assigned (including nights, weekends, shifts up to 12 hours) and has openings during the following terms:
- September through December
- January through August
- Performs quality activities in accordance with the Technical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), including routine structural testing as prescribed by the mill’s Quality Management System
- Performs routine quality assurance checks throughout the process and inspection of the finished product
- Understanding of mill process flow to safely and reliably direct and operate the mill through upset conditions
- Familiar with safety tools and systems such as hazard assessments, near misses, the courage to intervene, Lockout Tag out, and confined space
- Promote the use of Process Reliability concepts throughout the mill
- Ensures the accuracy of records and appropriate documentation concerning quality and production
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Currently working towards a post-secondary degree in Wood Technology, Science, or a related program
- Previous employment working in a manufacturing facility or manufacturing setting an asset
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Capable of thinking logically and critically with excellent analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize daily work and ensure completion of all critical tasks
- Must work well independently or as part of a team
- Motivation, initiative, and a strong desire for personal growth and learning
- Demonstrate the ability to focus on continuous improvement, developing innovative ideas, and improving systems
- Ownership and commitment to safety and risk assessment
- Willingness and ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Basic mechanical aptitude and process flow thinking to troubleshoot manufacturing/production upsets
- Attention to detail is required to ensure customers are receiving high quality product
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and multiple priorities
About Wood Products
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.