At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world. We’ve been in business for nearly 120 years and believe strongly in our core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion, which has awarded us being named as one of the World’s most Ethical Companies over 10 times.
We are seeking a full-time Journeyman Millwright to work at our Drayton Valley, AB Sawmill. We are looking for individuals who are committed to safety & have a desire to work in a team environment within a manufacturing facility while maintaining a positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Total commitment to working safely, following all safety rules and company policies and procedures
- Support manufacturing by maximizing plant uptime and provide support for facility systems in a safe manner, while contributing to corporate, plant, and departmental goals
- Work with a team of millwrights, electricians, and welders to deliver preventative and routine maintenance on plant equipment, troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical problems, and work on capital projects including upgrading and installation of equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints and be able to construct and fabricate mill equipment as required
- Deliver predictive/preventative maintenance on plant equipment
- Know and understand machinery lubrication, bolting and fastening, alignment and balancing, and vibration analysis
- Knowledge and experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, drive alignment and conveyance
- Bearing installation, couplings, belts, sprockets and chain driven installations
- Welding and metal fabrication
- Basic principles of hydraulic/air cylinder repairs
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication skills
- Well-developed planning and organizational abilities
- Commitment to learning new systems and equipment
- Natural self-starter
- Ability and desire to see problems through to completion
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Millwright Journeyman Certification, or 4th year Millwright Apprentice
- Must have at least 5 years of hands-on industrial maintenance/millwright experience OR 2-year vocational/technical degree with 3 years industrial maintenance experience
- Willingness to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Willingness to work a rotating shift, including nights and weekends as required
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, while wearing safety equipment
- Able to complete mobile equipment training
- Able to lift 2-20 pounds regularly, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, climb steps and ladders, work from height, and stand or walk for 2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours are required in order to perform the essential job functions
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group
- Eligible to work in the Canada without sponsorship
- Successful completion of pre-employment testing process
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Able to perform basic math and use computers
- Industrial or Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Experience in self-directed team environment is a plus
- Resume detailing education and work history is required for consideration
About Wood Products
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
Job Description – Millwright (01018546) (taleo.net)