*Relocation Assistance is available for this opportunity*
At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world. We’ve been in business for nearly 120 years and believe strongly in our core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion, which has awarded us being named as one of the World’s most Ethical Companies over 10 times.
Weyerhaeuser Company is seeking a full time Journeyman Electrician at our Drayton Valley, AB Sawmill. We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety & have a desire to work in a team environment within a manufacturing facility while maintaining a positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Role models and leads safety processes to enhance the safety culture and sustain our strong safety record.
- Ensure all electrical maintenance operations are in compliance with applicable regulations and trade practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot 575v and low voltage electrical systems, AC and DC
- Familiarity with troubleshooting, set up, and programming variable speed drives
- Ability to read equipment manuals, blueprints and schematics
- Must demonstrate logical problem-solving skills and react appropriately in upset situations
- Willingness to fully cross train in other technical areas to enhance capabilities such as PLC systems
- Work with computerized maintenance systems for processes, stores, work orders, etc.
- Proven commitment to safe work practices.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an electrician in an industrial / manufacturing environment
- Must have a red seal certification and qualification
- Excellent computer skills and fluent with standard Microsoft office products
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects effectively and safely
- Excellent teamwork, cooperation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate open, honest and regular exchange of information and treat all employees with respect and dignity
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and overall communication skills.
- Must be team oriented; puts team’s needs ahead of individual interests and work to develop trust and respect
- Must be willing to work any shift, including rotating shifts plus weekends and holidays as operating conditions require
- Must be willing to work overtime as operating conditions require
- Willingness and physical ability to work at heights, in confined spaces, climb stairs, lift up to 50 pounds, and work in an industrial environment containing wood dust and extreme heat and cold
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems such as SAP
- Familiarity with programming, repair, and troubleshooting of Programmable Logic Control units (PLC’s)
- Optimization Control Systems in the operations.
- Resume detailing education and work history is required for consideration.
About Wood Products:
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job Description – Journeyman Electrician (01018735) (taleo.net)