The Manning Forest Product’s Team has an opportunity for a:
Sawmill Quality Control
Reporting to the General Manager, the Sawmill QC will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Quality for the Sawmill. You will be required to promote, enhance, and monitor all LRF, Grade & Size targets. Strong communication skills along with the drive to lead the entire group to achieving our annual targets will be considered an asset.
You will be responsible for the:
- Management of the Quality Control program
- Analysis and communication of the SM’s QC performance
- Gap analysis and corrective action plans for all QC related issues
- Cost management and drive for a continuous improvement program
- Analytical & technical support for the operations
- Capital improvement strategies
- Observing / troubleshooting machine centers to ensure maximum efficiency and standards are being met for quality and production & safety.
- Assisting in managing and monitoring the yearly department budget.
- Educating our team on key metrics (Lrf, grade, trim loss)
- An active role in assisting with maintenance planning and the continued development of our PM program and its effectiveness as it pertains to Quality Control.
- Effective communication with your team.
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- A strong understanding of the principles of Sawmilling.
- Leadership experience and motivational skills would be an asset
- Good knowledge of process controls
- Analytical and trouble shooting skills
- The ability to work independently and within a team setting to resolve issues
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, an outstanding pension plan and relocation package.
The Town of Manning is a family-friendly community located in Northwest Alberta. The area offers affordable housing, year-round recreational activities, and outdoor pursuits. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in Manning and the surrounding County of Northern Lights. See more at www.manning.ca and www.countyofnorthernlights.com
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green “apply now” at the top of the page.
Please login to your UKG account (https://t11.ultipro.ca). In the Menu, select “My Company” and “View Opportunities” to view the position description and to submit your online application.