West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Recognized for the ninth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. Our goals are straightforward – excellence in people, responsibility in communities in which we live, challenge, and growth.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, planning, organizational, and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
This is a unique opportunity for a new or experienced Chemical/Process/Manufacturing Engineer to grow their career providing process engineering and control services. The primary responsibility of the Process Engineer at Hinton Pulp is to provide technical expertise to the Mill. Process Engineers offer a unique perspective that combines their business, financial, science, first principles, and chemical process knowledge to improve the Mill’s bottom line. The Process Engineer adds value to the Mill by identifying, developing, and implementing cost-saving and revenue-generating initiatives and projects.
- Develop area KPIs
- Downtime tracking and production loss reporting
- Determine and document process operating best practices
- Troubleshoot process and process control issues
- Advise Operations staff on process/process control opportunities and operating parameters
- Maintain and develop process control functional specifications
- Capital project development
- Maintenance turn-around duties
- Mentor and train junior process engineers, process operators, and others who will benefit
- Identify and actively pursue opportunities for personal and professional development
- A related Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Previous experience in pulp and paper or other manufacturing industries would be considered a strong asset
- Be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form with all levels of the organization
- Problem solving and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess a desire to progress, learn and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser traits of integrity, respect, humility, hard work, and frugality
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, theatre, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.