Weyerhaeuser Company is currently recruiting a Maintenance Supervisor for our OSB facility located in Edson, AB.
The Maintenance Supervisor will be reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager and will be responsible for working with the maintenance team to ensure safe, effective and reliable utilization of time and resources.
We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude, and have excellent work ethic.
This position is a Monday to Friday role.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities in the mill are safely and efficiently carried out.
- Recruit, develop, and provide on-going training for the maintenance team.
- Delegate projects and work tasks.
- Inspect work for completeness.
- File purchase orders and other documentation for the procurement of spare and replacement parts.
- Maintain professional relationships with other departments to ensure the proper functioning of all systems in the mill.
- Comply with all safety norms and regulations set by the industry.
Skills and Specifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to understand complex written and oral instructions.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to motivate and manage a team.
- A critical thinker, enthusiastic, with a positive approach towards employees and work tasks.
- Strong troubleshooting and failure analysis skills.
- The ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with employees, vendors, and contractors.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of maintenance supervisory experience
- Millwright Red Seal Certification / Mechanical Technical Degree or equivalent
- Must have previous experience maintaining and upholding the safety, environmental, quality and company standards.
- Proven expertise in preventive and predictive maintenance methods.
About Wood Products:
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.