West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, listed on the TSX and NYSE. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We have over 11,000 employees and operations in Canada, Southern United States, United Kingdom and Belgium.
West Fraser continues to invest in our manufacturing facilities to ensure they are modern and competitive. We have a sustainable forestry practice and continue to innovate our processes and diversify our products, including investing in bioenergy.
Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Edson, AB Division, has an opening for an experienced:
Edson is located 2 hours west of Edmonton and 2 hours east of Jasper National Park. Edson is a growing community of approximately 9,000 permanent residents and has a full range of recreational and cultural facilities. People from Edson enjoy hockey, camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, downhill and cross country skiing, curling, kayaking, golfing and various outdoor and indoor activities. With a friendly “small town” atmosphere and some great recreational and cultural facilities, once you get a taste of living in Edson you’ll be hooked.
You will report to the Maintenance Superintendent. As the successful candidate, you will ensure making your department & mill are safer, more efficient, and highly productive. A high level of technical knowledge, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills are essential in the role.
- Lead shutdown and routine work order planning and scheduling functions as required to maintain reliable equipment operation
- Coordinating contract services for weekly routine and shutdown work
- Develop and update detailed weekly & shutdown schedules
- Estimate work orders and projects for material, manpower, tools and equipment requirements
- Facilitate planning and scheduling work with weekly planning meetings for all departments on site
- Coordinate scheduled jobs into weekly schedules according to manpower, materials, tools and equipment along with work packages for all scheduled jobs to the maintenance supervisors.
- Maintain a daily focus on the safety of self and others. Ensure that all safety training is accurate and up to date. Attend and participate in area safety team meetings.
- Use Dynastar maintenance management tool to create job plans, preventive maintenance plans, and document work history
- Applying and expanding new technology and industry learning’s toward the work of equipment and process reliability improvement
- Lead and supervise maintenance group to maintain all equipment in the absence of a current supervisor (when required)
- Improve / maintain Preventative Maintenance and Corrective Repair job plans based on feedback provided by tradesman
- Manage the maintenance backlog, by leading review meetings, reviewing new work orders to ensure there is enough information to proceed with planning, working with the Reliability Coordinator to prioritize the backlog
- Work with Stores/ Purchasing to maintaining inventory & rebuild of equipment
- Assist in developing Key Performance Indicators to drive process improvement
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A valid journeyman trade certificate or Bachelors in Applied Science/Engineering
- 5 years’ experience in either a mill or heavy industrial setting is preferred
- Strong leadership, planning, budgeting and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of computer software and applications, with a preference given to a candidate with Dynastar or Maximo experience
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team building skills
- The desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.