Are you an experienced Certified Welder looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow an already dynamic global business? Our Slave Lake Veneer Division has an opportunity for a:
Specific duties include:
- Read and interpret blueprints and welding specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal using processes such as GTAW and SMAW welding
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, and rolls
- Actively participate in Slave Lake Veneer’s safety program
The successful candidate will possess:
- Welding ticket, Level B or A
- PWP #7 & #10 are preferred
- Heavy industry experience
- Previous experience in a flexible multi skilled work environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Valid driver’s license in AB
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
This position is based out of Slave Lake, Alberta. Slave Lake is located approximately 2.5 hours NW of Edmonton and boasts the second largest lake in Alberta offering a wide variety of year-round recreational opportunities. The town of approximately 7,000 residents has all the amenities of a larger center yet maintains the outdoor lifestyle of a small community. For more on Slave Lake, please visit: www.slavelake.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green “apply now” at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.