West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, listed on the TSX and NYSE. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Blue Ridge Lumber Division (BRL), near Whitecourt Alberta, has an immediate opening for a:
HEALTH & SAFETY RESOURCE
As a key member of BRL’s team, you will be relied upon to ensure site regulatory compliance and collaborate with cross functional departments and subject matter experts on the development of best practices. You will be responsible to lead internal and external audits and provide the safety leadership needed to achieve a desired safety-focused culture. The Health and Safety Coordinator will possess excellent interpersonal skills and build strong working relationships within the facility and with regulatory agencies.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Provide Health and Safety direction, support and resources to all managers, supervisors, and employees while working in a team atmosphere to promote safety.
- Develop and maintain health and safety programs, policies, and records in accordance with regulatory and company standards.
- Point of contact for risk management, conduct audits and manages a safety incident reporting system.
- Participate and support managers, supervisors, and employees in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions/preventative actions
- Maintaining a knowledge of current safety issues and changing regulations and legislation.
- Coordinate the collection and interpretation of site, company and industry leading and lagging health and safety performance measures
- 3+ years of Health and Safety experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of OH&S and related legislation.
- Preference to candidates with Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Clearly communicate sensitive matters with management and maintain confidentiality.
- Leadership Skills – team building, coaching and mentoring, and ability to influence others
- Experience with investigating workplace incidents and root cause analysis
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Blue Ridge Lumber is a large modern lumber manufacturing facility located approximately 30 minutes from Whitecourt Alberta.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/careers – click “apply now” in the job details.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.