What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper (IP), a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for its commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting the individuals that make up our teams. To that end, we offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper is the world’s largest paper and forest products company. Primary businesses include paper, packaging and forest products for a variety of end uses. International Paper is a Fortune 150 Company with operations around the globe.
Environment, Health and Safety Analyst
The Grande Prairie Global Cellulose Fiber (GCF) Pulp Mill is hiring an Environment, Health and Safety Analyst who is responsible for supporting the initiatives of the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Department. The EHS Analyst supports the consolidation and management of EHS data, reporting and analytics, maintains EHS systems, supports the development of EHS programs and procedures, and provides EHS administrative and communications support to the mill. In addition, the EHS Analyst will assist with EHS audits and inspections. This is a “hands on” position that requires significant interaction and visibility to all levels of the organization and all shifts. We are looking for an intrinsically motivated, engaged and committed team member that has an interest and background providing EHS support in a manufacturing environment.
This positon is a salary, non-exempt position, based on a Monday to Friday 40-hour workweek and reports to the mill’s EHS Manager. While the EHS Analyst will generally work a Monday through Friday workweek, the successful candidate will also be required to work outside of that traditional workweek to support mill maintenance outages.
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes data to support department and organization EHS management systems and objectives.
- Executes timely reporting to support daily/weekly/monthly management system requirements (cyclical) and ad-hoc requests.
- Reports on EHS Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Conducts data gathering, gap analysis and creates dashboards for data visualization relevant to EHS statistics, safety leadership, safety training, compliance, and incidents.
- Liaises with stakeholders to collect required data for reporting and provides data to stakeholders as requested.
- Schedule, track and support EHS training for all employees in My Learning
- Acts as a key department resource for the implementation of systems, tools and processes.
- Works with internal departments on EHS system enhancements, testing and troubleshooting.
- Monitors and verifies the quality and integrity of source data.
- Participates in internal and external audits of EHS data and processes.
- Manages, communicates and maintains EHS related content.
- Participates on EHS related technology system upgrades or new projects.
- Conducts audits and inspections with assistance and guidance from EHS team members.
- Supports the implementation of EHS program development.
- Suggests recommendations for changes to programs and procedures and executes updates.
- Develop and manage an annual EHS communications plan
- Develop EHS communications material
- Creates new procedures and job aids based on mill needs.
- Provide administrative support to mill EHS personnel
- Manage EHS document record keeping and filing
- Schedule and make arrangements for EHS meetings, training and events
- Support security system administration, site orientation, front desk security, and alarm panel coverage as required for outages
Education / Functional Requirements:
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline or a certificate/technical diploma with an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of Environment, Health and Safety Experience
- Uses data to support fact based decision making
- Knowledge and background in EHS processes and procedures
- Familiarity with EHS Management Systems
- Safety focuses attitude and strong commitment to general EHS standards
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organization skills; prioritizes effectively and adheres to timelines
- Problem solving skills and takes initiative to research solutions
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Drives results and accountability; ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable to new challenges and department needs
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to personal and professional development
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
Attention to Detail; Organization; Action oriented; Priority settling; Drive for Results; Time Management; Timely Decision Making; Customer Focus; Integrity and Trust; Interpersonal Savvy; Listening; Dealing with Ambiguity; Learning on the Fly; Functional /Technical Skills