RESPONSIBILITIES: but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Maintain common areas
- Janitors are responsible for maintaining clean conditions in mill common areas
- Janitors sweep and/or mop lunchroom, washroom, meeting room and office floors. Hand scrubbing may be required to remove some marks and stains. Periodically, floor buffing and waxing is performed with a power buffer. In carpeted areas, Janitors use a vacuum to clean the floor.
- Janitors are also responsible for cleaning all surfaces in washrooms, lunchrooms, meeting rooms, and offices.
- Janitors are responsible for removing trash from mill common areas
- Janitors carry equipment and supplies to areas throughout the mill. This equipment can be for janitor use, such a mop buckets and boxes of paper towel, or for general employee use, like water cooler bottles.
- Janitors are responsible for stocking supplies related to their area, such as paper towel, toilet paper, soap dispensaries, hand sanitizer dispensaries