West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Recognized for the ninth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. Our goals are straightforward – excellence in people, responsibility in communities in which we live, challenge, and growth.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking an individual with strong technical, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Millwright will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting and predictive, preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team you will be responsible for working safely with all machinery within the pulp mill.
- Troubleshooting, analyzing, diagnosing, and performing maintenance work on machinery
- Proactive participation in our Reliability program for Preventative Maintenance, Condition Based Monitoring and Continuous Improvement.
- Document and Record information in relation to maintenance and reliability of assets within our CMMS.
- Enter information logs, Service Requests and Failure Reporting data within the CMMS.
- Reading blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to diagnose problems and assemble equipment
- Utilizing knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers and chains, bearings and hydraulics
- A valid Alberta Millwright Certification and/or Interprovincial Red Seal Certification required
- Experience working in an industrial environment
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficient computer skills will be an asset.
- Flexibility to work day, evening and weekend shifts as required
- Have the desire to learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser traits of integrity, humility, teamwork, frugality, innovation, competitiveness, and respect
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.