High Level, Alberta
Do you have a passion for sustainably managing our forests? Do you love the outdoors and want to live and play where you work? We have a great opportunity for you.
Under the direct supervision of the Superintendent, the Woodlands Supervisor provides leadership role in professional, technical and administrative services in the areas of Operational Forest Development, Harvesting, and Road Construction. The focus of this position is to work collaboratively with other woodlands staff developing plans, supervising and managing development activities to reach and maintain STI targets to facilitate harvesting operations. Duties may include development of operational plans; supervision of staff and external consultants, stakeholder interaction; and resolution of various forest management issues.
What We’re Looking For:
- Able to supervise activities consistent with legislative and mill volume requirements, and allow efficient access to wood supply;
- Adaptable to change and can manage multi projects and targets while providing active contractor supervision.
- Class 5 drivers license in good standing;
- University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry;
- Active Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Forest Technician (RFT);
- 3-5 years relevant experience;
- Strong understanding of technical forest management including operational planning, logging systems, and silviculture systems;
- Demonstrated analytical, communication and computer skills, including ArcGIS, are required for this position;
- Possess a positive attitude and high degree of motivation;
- Proven ability to work with First Nations, external stakeholders, and government agencies;
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn are a necessity.
- Team player with strong organizational skills
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.