Plant Protection Technician
High Level, Alberta
Reporting to the Maintenance department, the Plant Protection Technician will ensure that employee safety, company assets and the environment are adequately protected, as well as ensuring that Fire Protection Systems are operational and that the emergency response systems are activated when required.
What We’re Looking For:
- This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and good computer skills.
- Ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders
- A sound understanding of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation and Alberta Fire Code is important.
- The successful candidate must have the physical ability to work 12-hour shifts on a 4 on/4 off swing shift.
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
What is it like to live and work in High Level, AB? Watch this video to find out why life is better here!
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings. #IND123