Heavy Duty Mechanic
Slave Lake, Alberta
The Athabasca division heavy duty mechanic is a member of our Maintenance Team and is responsible for preventive maintenance and repair of mobile equipment for an OSB facility.
What We’re Looking For:
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process of OSB
- Undertake preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment ad follow work procedures and processes
- Operating hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, lubricate, perform maintenance work on machinery
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders. Assemble large, precision heavy equipment for the wood processing sector
- Utilize knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.