High Level, AB
Are you an organized, dedicated, accounting professional that takes pride in providing accurate financial information and excellent customer service to your team?
The Divisional Accountant is responsible for financial procedures and systems relating to manufacturing operations; including financial reporting and analysis. Under the direction of the Divisional Controller or Divisional Accounting Supervisor, the Divisional Accountant assists in the preparation of the monthly financial statements, the annual budget, and ensuring adherence to financial controls.
Internally, the position interfaces with the divisional accounting team and personnel from procurement, IT, divisional operations and maintenance and Vernon Office. External contacts include company auditors, government auditors, company suppliers and miscellaneous receivable customers.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum completion of a two-year accounting diploma. Preference for an undergraduate degree or second level of a recognized accounting association program or equivalent industry experience.
- Proficient in data entry, financial reporting, and account reconciliations.
- Working knowledge of accounting functions: accounts payable, payroll, financial reporting.
- Experience with accounting software
- Excellent computer skills with Excel proficiency
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Proficiency in forward planning and project management
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
What is it like to live and work in High Level, AB? Watch this video to find out why life is better here!
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 65 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.