Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. We are looking for talented people to be part of our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? The Woodland’s Team at our Manning, Alberta Division has an opportunity for an:
WOODLANDS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
As the Woodlands Operations Supervisor you will be primarily responsible for supervision of harvesting activities, a log quality control program, operational planning, as well as a variety of other duties
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and submission of operational plans
- Supervision of block layout contractor
- Supervision of harvesting contractors
- Field work including cutblock and road layout
- Implementation of log quality control program
- Communication with Government of Alberta
- Possess a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Professional Technologist (RPFT) designation with the AAFMP, or be eligible for registration
- Strong proficiency with GIS applications
- Strong commitment to safety
- Be a dynamic, career-minded individual
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with proven organizational skills
Considered an Asset:
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
- Previous leadership experience
At West Fraser, we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
The Town of Manning is family-friendly community located in Northwest Alberta. The area offers year round recreational activities and outdoor pursuits. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in Manning and the surrounding County of Northern Lights.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
f this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.