West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX and rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Slave Lake Veneer division has an opportunity for an exceptional:
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, an outstanding pension plan and relocation package.
As the Production Supervisor, you will lead a crew in our Production department.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure consistent mill operations and achieving operating target goals
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting employees
- Maintain positive morale amongst employees and foster management/employee relations
- Strong commitment to safety, ensuring Health and Safety is maintained as priority, leading by example, ensure all team members follow policies, procedures and WBC regulations
- Proven leadership abilities
- Strong interpersonal, decision making, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Flexible availability to work 8-hour shifts
- Heavy industry experience
- Desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Proficient with MS Office, CMMS (Dynastar/Maximo)
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience and qualificationsin the forest industry
Slave Lake is located approximately 2.5 hours NW of Edmonton and boasts the second largest lake in Alberta offering a wide variety of year-round recreational opportunities. The town of approximately 7,000 residents has all the amenities of a larger center yet maintains the outdoor lifestyle of a small community. For more on Slave Lake, please visit: www.slavelake.ca
Internal Applicants: Please login to your UKG account (https://t11.ultipro.ca). In the Menu, select “My Company” and “View Opportunities” to view the position description and to submit your online application.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.