West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX and recognized several times as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. Our investments in modern competitive manufacturing facilities, product innovation and bioenergy are adding up to a bright future. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and rewarding career path?
Our Manning Forest Products division, in Manning Alberta, has an opportunity for a highly skilled:
4th Class Power Engineer
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring the efficient operation of the Biomass Facility
- Operation of a forklift/Bobcat/loader
- Assisting the kiln operators when appropriate
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A valid 4th class power engineering designation including firing time
- Work well in a team environment
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
- Physical ability to work 12 hour shifts
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities.
The Town of Manning is a family-friendly community located in Northwest Alberta. The area offers affordable housing, year-round recreational activities, and outdoor pursuits. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in Manning and the surrounding County of Northern Lights. See more at www.manning.ca and www.countyofnorthernlights.com
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.