We have an immediate opening for a technician at our Grande Prairie lumber facility on our Shipping Team.
- Safely load trucks
- Setup, load and tie down railcars-Fall arrest required.
- Cover chain during breaks
- Lay out stencils
- Rotate and Load aged inventory
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the following:
- Ability to meet all Team Norms and Standards with a clear focus on active participation in the Safety Program.
- Behavior consistent with the Safety Vision and Policy and the Site Principles.
- Physically able to perform the role.
- Strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- Aptitude for and experience in equipment operations.
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly.
- Forklift operating skills
- Effective use of SAP, email, timesheet entry & basic computer skills.
This is a permanent position with the expectation that the successful candidate will commit to this for a minimum of 2 years. This role will be administered in the technician system. The ability to obtain a P2+Technician level is available.
Applicants are requested to submit the following prior to the closing date May 20th:
A brief resume outlining your education, background skills, past assignments and why you are interested in this role.
About Wood Products
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.