West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for eight years. West Fraser is an established leader in sustainable forestry, high-efficiency wood product production, and innovative manufacturing. We are committed to a responsible stewardship of the environment. Our Hinton Wood Products division in Alberta has an opportunity for an:
Alberta Indigenous Relations Lead
Reporting to the Alberta Chief Forester, as the successful candidate you will have a strategic focus on maintaining and enhancing West Fraser’s relationships with Indigenous communities across Alberta. You are an exceptional communicator and facilitator with broad internal and external networks. Your strong relationship building, collaborative and listening skills are essential to the position. West Fraser believes in building strong, diverse teams. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and Indigenous Relations, see our Workforce Diversity Statement, and our Indigenous Peoples’ Policy
- The ideal candidate will have a degree related to Indigenous Studies or Communications
- Experience or training in relations strategy implementation
- Experience, or training, in forestry or biology would also be an asset
- Participate in the development and implementation of an Indigenous relations strategy
- Support divisional managers in building relationships and developing agreements with Indigenous communities
- Collaborate with, and provide leadership to, Alberta Indigenous engagement and consultation leads
- Design and advance Indigenous employment and business development strategies in Alberta
- Participate in internal task groups to achieve corporate Environmental, Social & Governance goals
- Liaise with other Canadian jurisdictions and participate on various committees related to Indigenous relations
- Advise on policy development through engagement internally, as well as with industry associations, other companies, Provincial and Federal Governments
- Travel will be required throughout Alberta
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. Preferred candidates will have interest in growing their careers with the company through internal advancement opportunities. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan. The location for this position is flexible, considering proximity to our Alberta operations.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application including resume and cover letter at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.