The Wildfire Management Branch of Alberta Agriculture and Forestry is hiring Initial Attack firefighters and Sustained Action Unit Crews for the 2022 fire season.
Persons with a dedication to fitness, teamwork, and safety may be considered for positions on these firefighting crews.
Prior to training camp, all candidates must have and be able to show proof of the following;
- a valid standard first aid certificate with CPR,
- a driver’s license,
- a defensive driving certificate,
- and a valid high school diploma or equivalent.
For additional information, please check our website at Recruitment | AAF – Agriculture, and Forestry.
Any additional questions can be emailed to WF.WildfireEmployment@gov.ab.ca or you can call 780-427-6807 and ask to speak to someone.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is NOVEMBER 30, 2021.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The Government of Alberta is implementing a proof of COVID-19 vaccination policy for all Alberta Public Service employees, to improve the health and safety of Alberta Public Service employees and Albertans we serve. Any candidates in the process for applying for employment with the Government of Alberta, must be able to comply with one of the following:
• Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
• If you are a successful candidate and have not provided proof of COVID-19 vaccination, you may select to produce a negative PCR (molecular polymerase chain reaction) or rapid test result, date-stamped within 72 hours of every scheduled work day/shift, on an ongoing basis. These tests will be paid for by the employee.
• Candidates and employees who are unable to get vaccinated based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act may request approval for an exemption and accommodation.