Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and supportive team player for the role of Transportation Coordinator. This is a great position for an experienced professional, or a rewarding development opportunity for a recent forestry graduate to master managing fiber transportation.
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America and we are continuously investigating new and innovative ideas while delivering premium products in an environmentally sustainable way.
This is a full-time, permanent position located at our mill near Athabasca, Alberta. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives. Relocation assistance is also available for those who need to move into the local area.
Al-Pac’s Transportation Coordinator is responsible for managing fiber transportation to multiple mill sites and ensuring that production, quality, environmental and legal requirements are met in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Transportation Administration & Operations – Working closely with Operations and Logistics Teams to develop and implement delivery schedules. Evaluating, improving, and implementing new transportation strategies, and working closely with local quota holders to integrate and optimize haul plans.
Budgeting & Planning – Scheduling and monitoring mill deliveries up to 3.5 million cubic meters annually. Managing costs through monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
Contract & Stakeholder Management – Managing and negotiating contracts to meet mill delivery requirements. Overseeing contracts and requirements to meet agreement: production, safety, and regulatory expectations. Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and promote local aboriginal initiatives.
Education & Experience:
• University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry or demonstrated equivalent experience.
• Considered an asset:
• Logistics management background, preferably in forestry operations.
• Experience developing, negotiating, and managing new and existing contracts.
• Active Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Forest Technician (RPFT) (Or eligible for Alberta certification).
• Woodlands operations experience focused on forestry operations and transportation (Forestry Planning, Harvest, Log/Chip Haul, Road Construction, Reclaim, Silviculture).
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to excel in high-pressure environments is essential.
• Considered an asset:
• Understanding of legislative requirements (Transportation, Solicitor General, Forest Management in Alberta, and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act).
• Familiar with truck management systems (GPS technologies and On-Board
• Understanding of First Nations culture, and expectations related to economic development.
Please forward all resumes in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be considered open until filled.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted