Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Communications Specialist.
Due to COVID-19, the successful candidate is likely to commence working remotely until restrictions lift, then they will be located at the Millsite north of Boyle, Alberta.
This is a full-time, permanent position located at our mill site location near Athabasca, Alberta. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives. Relocation assistance is also available for those who will need to move into the local area.
The Communications Specialist is accountable for effective, strategic and impactful communications to broad internal and external audiences. This position will develop and implement annual communications plans to support Al-Pac’s corporate strategy, corporate social responsibility initiatives and organizational change management. The Communications Specialist will collaborate with internal clients to deliver corporate communications services and products. A key part of the role will be developing and implementing a social media strategy and developing metrics to measure and report on Al-Pac’s online activity.
- Internal & External Communications – Develop and implement annual communications plans that support Al-Pac’s corporate strategy, corporate social responsibility initiatives and organizational change management.
- Content Creation – Design and edit communications, marketing and promotional materials for Al-Pac for print and digital platforms. Research and write content for presentations, website, newsletters, corporate announcements, press releases and other communications materials. Ensure all communications’ materials meet Al-Pac’s brand identity and style guide.
- Client Relationship Management – Collaborate with internal clients to provide advice and guidance on communications projects, as well as develop, design and create content for both print and digital platforms. Build effective working relationships with stakeholders and provide high-quality professional services to support in delivering business strategy and plans.
- Social Media Strategy – Develop and implement Al-Pac’s social media strategy, including content plans. Monitor the company’s social media pages and online presence. Develop metrics to measure and report on online activity.
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Situational Adaptability
- Customer Focus
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or in another related field.
- A membership with the International Association of Business Communications (IABC) or the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is considered an asset.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in corporate communications with knowledge of best practices in corporate and public communications for diverse audiences.
- Experience with print and digital design, social media, as well as video or mobile development and editing; graphic design, branding and creation of professional communications materials.
- Highly computer literate with experience using MS Office, graphic design programs (i.e., Adobe InDesign), web design programs, and communications tools.
- Experience in developing and interpreting media analytics.
- Must hold a valid Alberta Driver’s License.
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25, 2021.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.