Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Specialist, Talent Management.
This is a full-time, permanent position located at our mill site location near Athabasca, Alberta. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives. Relocation assistance is also available for those who will need to move into the local area.
The Specialist, Talent Management manages and administers recruitment, onboarding and orientation processes, along with corporate-level succession management, learning and development programs and initiatives. Reporting to the Human Resources Business Unit Leader, this position works closely with the HR Business Partners to assess and support the needs of the business by providing advice and solutions for company-wide talent management strategies.
- Recruitment – Attract and select candidates for vacancies, collaborate with the business to identify future talent acquisition needs, develop and maintain a candidate pipeline.
- Learning & Development – design and develop corporate programs to meet individual and organizational learning needs, identify appropriate learning methodologies and current best practices to create high-quality learning resources and support learner engagement.
- Employee Onboarding – develop and maintain onboarding and offboarding processes to ensure the team member experience is consistent with the organization’s brand and values.
- Succession Management – design and manage the implementation of processes to anticipate talent needs and capabilities in response to changing business needs, monitor and report on outcomes.
- Ensures Accountability
- Attracts Top Talent
- Being Resilient
- Manages Ambiguity
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (Business, HR Management, etc.)
- Substantial general work experience together with comprehensive job-related experience to fully competent level (over 6 years)
- Current knowledge of effective recruitment, onboarding, orientation, succession management, learning and development strategies and methods
- Professional designation is an asset
- Experience in a forestry, manufacturing environment or commodity industry is an asset
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2021.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.