Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Pipefitter Apprentice – Indigenous Apprenticeship Program.
This is a four-year, non-permanent contract position working on a full-time basis at our Millsite near Boyle, AB. General working hours for this position are Monday-Thursday from 7:00AM to 5:00PM. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-weeks annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and additional employee incentives.
- Acquire the necessary skills and technical training to become a competent journeyperson.
- Work with the maintenance team to learn and perform all required tasks in accordance with mill quality and mechanical standards.
- Follow a range of mandatory work instructions (including the use of PPE where relevant) to safeguard the environment and the wellbeing of oneself and others.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of any required program entrance exams and Al-Pac’s online behavioral assessment.
- Valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history.
- Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates who reside in or near Al-Pac’s Forest Management Agreement (FMA) area.
Candidates are asked to provide verification of their Indigenous ancestry in their application.
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. This position will be considered open until filled.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.