Foothills Forest Products Inc.
a Division of Dunkley Lumber Ltd.
Is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to join our team as
Our two-line softwood lumber sawmill and planer mill facility produce high quality random length lumber products for offshore and North American lumber markets. Located by the beautiful mountain community of Grande Cache, Alberta, we offer an outdoor lover’s paradise. Please visit our website at www.dunkleylumber.com for more information about our company.
This is a permanent, full time position reporting to the Woodlands Manager. The individual is responsible for the planning and oversight of all silviculture activities.
The primary functions include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and supervising annual silviculture programs (tree plant, burning, cone collection, weed control, and surveys).
- Ensuring silviculture contractors and students are working in a manner that ensures safety and eliminates environmental incidents.
- Preparing silviculture budgets, contracts, liability, assessments, and reports. Ensuring all silviculture reporting to the Province of Alberta is accurate and on time.
- Assisting the Operations/Planning Forester with timber development programs including field work.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- AAFMP registered or eligibility as an RPF/RPFT.
- 3-5 years of relevant forestry experience
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Possess a valid Class 5 drivers license and standard first aid.
- The ability to work alone safely outdoors and in inclement weather.
Foothills Forest Products offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply, please submit your Resume, together with a covering letter, by email to “email@example.com”, noting “Silviculture Forester” in the Subject line by December 18th, 2020.
Foothills Forest Products Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.