Mercer Peace River Pulp Ltd. is an integral part of the Canadian forest products industry, providing the North-West, Alberta region with approximately 300 jobs while sustainably managing the forests. A career at Mercer Peace River offers an opportunity for growth, meaningful work, and a collaborative learning environment. Throughout your career, you will be supported by a team of highly skilled professionals and provided the self-motivating environment needed to make your goals achievable.
We are currently seeking a full time, temporary Occupational Health Nurse in the Health & Safety Resource Department. The Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for ensuring and promoting health and safety compliance and for providing health expertise through prevention, recognition, and treatment of any personnel health and wellness issues. This position will extend until December 31, 2020.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assess Team Member’s physical capacity to safely perform duties.
- Coordinate, with a team, disability management and promote early return to work of ill or injured Team Members.
- Provide health counselling and medical referral services to all MPR Team Members.
- Implement and conduct health examinations, testing, and screening programs.
- Assist in wellness planning, programs, and delivery of wellness programs within a team environment.
- Analyze work environments to identify health and ergonomic hazards.
- Provide emergency care in the workplace and arrange for further care, as needed.
- Manage the Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Establish and maintain confidential Team Member health records.
- Organize and maintain medical equipment and supplies.
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must be a Registered Nurse and be a member in good standing with the College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA). Occupational Health Designation will be considered an asset.
Candidates should also have:
- An understanding of the balance between Team Member and Company needs.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently.
- Must be comfortable presenting information to larger audiences
- Familiarity with wellness planning and experience with health education.
- International Trauma Life Support or equivalent Advanced First aid, experience in emergency care, first aid, hygiene, industrial environments, and a good rapport within the medical and nursing communities are all considered assets.
- Strong attention to detail, creative problem solving,
- Strong clear, concise verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proven abilities in MS Office suite including Excel, Publisher, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Google Suite of Applications.