West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the seventh time, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Slave Lake Pulp division in Slave Lake, Alberta, has an opportunity for a:
CASUAL LAB TECHNICIAN
Working with the Technical team, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Commitment to the Slave Lake Pulp Health & Safety Program
- Collecting, testing and recording of finished pulp samples
- Ensuring product quality and identifying / reporting non-conforming product
- Grade 12 Diploma and valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated team skills & basic computer knowledge
- Self-starter with initiative to learn and grow effective organization and communication skills
- Post-secondary education in a sciences field and/or lab related experience in an industrial setting would be considered an asset
- The shifts will vary in number of days and will consist of day or night shift and are 12 hours per shift
- This is an ongoing position designed for vacation coverage
- Must be able to work all shifts, including nights and weekends
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a long-term career and future growth opportunities within the company. Slave Lake Pulp is a 240,000 tpy BCTMP (bleached chemical thermo-mechanical pulp) mill located approximately 2.5 hours north of Edmonton, Alberta. Slave Lake Pulp is committed to continuous improvement through operational, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation reliability. We have a collaborative, team culture.
Slave Lake boasts the second largest lake in Alberta and offers great ice fishing in the winter and swimming in the summer. The town of approximately 7,000 residents has all the amenities of a larger center yet maintains the outdoor lifestyle of a small community. For more on Slave Lake, please visit: www.slavelake.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.