Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and supportive team player for the role of 4th Class Power Engineer Student for the Aboriginal Program in the CRU Business Unit.
This is a non-permanent 1-year contract position located at our mill site location near Athabasca, Alberta.
• Must be willing to obtain a 4th Class Power Engineering certificate.
• Complete the necessary steam time hours to qualify for the 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate of Competency.
• Successfully complete part A and part B of the 4th Class Power Engineer course.
• Pass the provincial examinations for part A and part B of the 4th Class Power Engineer course.
• Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
• Work with the maintenance team to learn and perform all required tasks in accordance with mill quality and mechanical standards.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Must be an Aboriginal member from within Alberta-Pacific’s Forest Management Agreement (FMA).
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
• Must have a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to excel in high-pressure environments.
• Familiarity with mechanical systems and equipment.
• Ability to carry out mechanical duties with a high level of concentration and alertness.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Possess a positive attitude with a willingness to learn.
Please include which Aboriginal community you identify with in your application.
Please forward all resumes in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 2nd, 2020.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.