West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. Our goals are straightforward – excellence in people, responsibility in communities, leadership, profitability, challenge, and growth.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking an individual with strong leadership, organization, and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
SENIOR RELIABILITY SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Reliability Superintendent, the successful candidate will have strong mechanical knowledge, exemplary computer skills, a passion for reliability, a belief that all failures are preventable, effective problem-solving skills, and a desire to improve processes/equipment. Hinton Pulp provides an exciting and collaborative work environment for a Senior Reliability Specialist who is seeking challenge and growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support predictive and preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is monitored and maintained correctly, efficiently and effectively
- Participate in root cause investigation
- Manage and analyze failure data to identify reliability trends and create plans for improvement
- Implement reliability and continuous improvement strategies using accepted best practices
- Identify and solve recurring equipment issues that negatively impact safety, environment, cost, quality and production targets
- Provide mentorship, coaching and basic training in Reliability methods and principles
- Research and assess innovative technologies and their potential applications on site
- Provide support with respect to equipment modifications, capital projects, shutdowns, and troubleshooting
- Work collaboratively with outside contractors and specialists
- Support operational activities such as equipment assessment and materials verification
- Prepare operational/maintenance procedures and guidelines
- Guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, and control systems
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions
- Specify proper lubricant, contamination control and filtration requirements in various applications
- Mechanical Engineering Degree, or Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma from an accredited institution
- Experience working in an industrial environment
- 10 years’ experience with reliability systems, technologies, and Root Cause Investigation
- Reliability designations considered an asset (CMRP, CLS, CRE, ISO CAT, etc.)
- Possess the confidence and skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Problem-solving, technical, and computer skills
- Demonstrate leadership abilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Have the desire to learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser core values of safety, integrity, humility, teamwork, frugality, competitiveness, respect and fun
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.