At Weyerhaeuser, we are always looking for people who can innovate, contribute, grow, and create! Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest and premium timber, land, and forest products companies in the world.
We have an immediate opening for a Greenside Weekend Shift Millwright in Grande Prairie Lumber. The successful individual will report to the Greenside Maintenance Team Leader.
The expectations of this role include:
- Preventative/Proactive Maintenance
- Corrective repair
- Technical Training as required
- Clean up duties as required
- Support in reliability improvements
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs within the business.
- Full-time weekend shift work.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the following:
- Must be a certified Millwright.
- Ability to meet all Team Norms and Standards, specifically in safety performance and maintaining a low absence level.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Behavior is consistent with the Safety Vision and Policy and the Site Principles.
- The willingness and ability to acquire new skills as business needs change.
- The ability to work effectively and communicate with others.
- The ability to take initiative for the completion of their work tasks and skill development.
- A positive attitude geared toward a team environment.
- Computer skills/SAP, and able to achieve a competent level of understanding of Process Logic Control (PLC).
- Problem-solving which will require in-depth troubleshooting skills.
- Interface with other trades, support groups and other resources as required – i.e. Electrical/Mechanical Reliability, Process Controls, Operations
- Strong mechanical aptitude and a desire to learn.
- Aptitude for and experience in equipment operations.
- Preference will be given to individuals that have a strong knowledge of Grande Prairie Lumber with proven technical and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in physically demanding conditions over extended periods of time.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We are serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
About Wood Products:
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for nearly 120 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.