West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people, and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, planning, organization, and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Reliability Superintendent, the successful candidate will have strong mechanical knowledge, exemplary computer skills, a passion for reliability, an attitude that all failures are preventable, effective problem-solving skills, and a desire to improve processes/equipment. HIP provides an exciting and collaborative work environment for an individual who is seeking challenge and growth.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Directly supervising predictive maintenance (PdM) technicians, lubrication technicians, and rebuild shop millwright and machinist.
- Motivating and mentoring direct reports, and others, on the proper methods and benefits of a world-class reliability program.
- Managing crew performance expectations and results in accordance with department and site goals.
- Ensuring workgroup is safely, effectively, and efficiently completing work while adhering to all West Fraser standards.
- Collaborating with the reliability engineers, planners, and other supervisors to help drive issue resolution through to completion.
- Participating in root cause investigations.
- Following procedures and processes for reliability activities and creating/distributing failure finding reports to all stakeholders.
- Providing and executing reliability improvement ideas.
- Providing input on scheduling activities.
- Completing field safety and work quality audits.
- Ensuring group training is up to date.
The successful candidate must:
- Possess an Engineering Degree, Engineering Technologist Diploma, or Red Seal Trade certification from an accredited institution.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of previous supervisory experience.
- Have 5 years’ experience with reliability systems, technologies, and theories.
- Reliability designations considered an asset (CMRP, CLS, CRE, ISO CAT, MLT, etc.)
- Have previous experience in an industrial environment.
- Be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form with all levels of the organization.
- Have outstanding computer skills.
- Have good problem-solving and technical skills.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Have the desire to learn, grow, and succeed.
- Embody the West Fraser traits of Integrity, Respect, Humility, Hard Work, and Frugality.
- Be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.