West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the seventh time, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? We are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Laminated Veneer Lumber Division, located in Rocky Mountain House, AB has an opportunity for a:
Divisional Controller (Maternity Leave, 12 to 18 Month Term Position)
As the senior financial resource on-site, the successful applicant will work with the management team group to operate and grow our successful operations and report to the General Manager.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- The preparation of timely and accurate full-cycle accounting for the division, including monthly journal entries, financial statement package, reconciliations and required reporting
- Providing operational and financial support and analysis for the division’s management team and the corporate head office
- Supervision of administrative office staff and coaching of operational personnel on financial matters relating to their area of responsibility
- Coordination and preparation of the annual business plan
- Participation in the management team and providing value-added decision support
As the ideal candidate you have:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Well established organizational & leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A detailed and proactive approach to work
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Oracle and/ or JD Edwards accounting software considered a strong asset
- Forestry industry experience is preferred but not required
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company and open to relocating to our other locations, as permanent opportunities on the team arise.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.