Reporting to the Lead, Infrastructure Operations, the Technical Specialist is responsible for the implementation, troubleshooting and support of the technical infrastructure for all manufacturing facility and business-related desktops, server, storage and network devices as per corporate standards.
Working with Tolko’s Infrastructure Team, the Technical Specialist will assess existing systems and participate in the development of five-year rolling plans for infrastructure capital requirements to support business needs. The incumbent will also utilize IT best practices in working with Operations staff to optimize mill operations and ensure reliable infrastructure is provided.
- Minimum of 5 years in server and network infrastructure support and architecture.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Extensive infrastructure support experience with mission-critical networks and servers
- History of supporting computer hardware and operating systems including desktops, servers, storage, mobile phones, tablets, and network devices
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Windows Server, Active Directory, O365, Exchange, Skype/Teams
- Knowledge of manufacturing control systems such as Rockwell FactoryTalk/Wonderware
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows, VMware vSphere, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, and Linux
- Familiarity with the principles of ITIL
- Enjoys being creative and innovative, with the drive to improve Business Systems and Technology
- Experience working in industrial environments
With state-of-the-art operations across Western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our mills throughout Western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision, and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and by providing employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to make great things and build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
If this position sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.