Must embody Pinnacle’s Core Values, focusing on meaningful engagement at all levels. Create and sustain strong relationships with key stakeholders (Plant Teams, Central Operations, Corporate, etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Operational Safety Support – 70%
- Enthusiastically support Pinnacle’s Alberta operations in promoting our Owning Safety culture.
- Champion the implementation and use of effective safety resources to reduce risk through the positive communication of Pinnacle safety processes, policies, procedures & practices.
- Communicate accurate information on standards supporting the safe production of quality pellets.
- Provide on-the-job training with new and young workers, both in Pinnacle standards and procedures, as well as various certificate training courses (as qualified).
- Engage team members in Owning Safety conversations; and “catching each other doing things right.”
- Review and analyze DATS (Digital Action Tracking System) safety information to identify opportunities for both “kudos” and improvement. Report regularly to plant & senior management.
- Support Pinnacle teams to help drive meaningful change through quality incident investigations.
- Advice & support operations teams in Owning Safety during regular operations and plant shutdowns.
DATS Learning Management System (LMS) & On-The-Job (OJT) Training Development–15%
- Play a critical role in ensuring our operations teammates are awesome and safe at what they do.
- Support the development of DATS-based training courses supporting Pinnacle and operating site policies and procedures – assist in creating new learning content.
- Work with plant management to identify new DATS safety system applications and opportunities
- Work with plant management to identify and deliver required safety training materials
- Support development of “micro-learning” modules to support existing training efforts
- Support and participate in Pinnacle’s “Safety Champion Academy” training sessions
Other Safety Support – 15%
- Support safety and operations teams on various safety initiatives and projects, at operating locations across all Pinnacle operations.
- Advise & support Pinnacle Teams on capital construction projects.
- Provide additional safety systems advice and support for the Director of Health & Safety.
- Proven commitment to Owning Safety, both personally, and through influence on all stakeholders
- Progressive operational safety leadership experience; ideally in Wood Products Manufacturing
- Preference will be given to a holder of recognized safety designation or certification, e.g. CRSP. Will consider providing additional training to applicants with strong wood products operational experience and proven safety commitment.
- Strong working familiarity with regulatory environments and requirements (Alberta).
- Familiarity with Alberta COR program; auditor qualifications an asset.
- Ability to conduct formal and informal hazard assessments to reduce risk across operations; process safety knowledge an asset.
- Training/coaching/mentoring skills are important.
- Effective communication and leadership-influencing skills.
- Writing and document production skills vital: the ability to research and develop safety documents; including policies, procedures, crew talks, and newsletters.
- Systems thinker; ability to identify improvement opportunities and drive change.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Proficient with personal computers and business applications.