What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and a global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities, and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position reports to the Recaust Team in the Utilities and Chemicals in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. The Grande Prairie mill is a 1000+ tonne per day Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft pulp mill. It currently operates with approximately 320 mill employees in a high performance, results-oriented environment.
This role is responsible for the safe operations of the recausticizing and lime kiln process with the potential to operate recovery and or power boiler.
- Participate in the safety, health, and environmental activities in accordance with standards established by the Grande Prairie Mill.
Operate Process Equipment
- Operate the causticizing plant and lime kiln
- Participate in the continuous improvement of process and procedures
- Complete process equipment monitoring tours
- Daily clean up activities
- Obtain process samples and conduct lab analysis
- Shut down, start-up process equipment and complete equipment isolations.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process problems
- Other duties as assigned
Work Systems Improvements
- Contribute to the improvement and maintenance of technical standards, work instructions, and procedures, identifying and implementing changes as necessary.
- Quality Orientation and Standards Compliance
- Time Management – Planning and Organizing
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Team Work
Required qualifications include…
- High school diploma, GED
- 4th class steam ticket with the ability and willingness to obtain a 3rd class ticket
- Willing and able to work overtime
- Willing to work a compressed 12-hour shift (days and nights)
- Experience operating heavy equipment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively, as well as good verbal and written English skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Comprehension of work instructions and documentation as well as the ability to perform duties with little direction
- A proactive approach to troubleshooting/problem identification
- Able to perform physically demanding work
- Demonstrated safety leadership
- Mechanical aptitude
Preferred qualifications include…
- 3rd class steam ticket
- Power engineering experience
- Caustic plant experience
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.