West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Recognized for the seventh time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Our goals are straightforward – excellence in people, responsibility in communities, leadership, profitability, challenge, and growth. Slave Lake Pulp mill has an exciting employment opportunity for a:
PROJECT ENGINEER, EIT (1-year contract)
Reporting to the Energy & Engineering Superintendent, the Project Engineer will assist with front-end project engineering, project development & execution, controls engineering, engineering systems management and operations system development. Confidentiality, strong communication skills and commitment to their own and other’s health and safety are required for this position.
- Chemical or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Experience in MS Office applications
- Experience with AutoCAD and CMMS software (MAXIMO)
- Experience with project delivery and management systems
- Experience with process controls design, implementation, and commissioning
- Experience with industrial controls systems and/or safety controls systems (Delta V, Allen Bradley PLC, safety PLCs, energy isolation systems, SCADA, etc.)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- The desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser values of integrity, teamwork, frugality, innovation, competitiveness, and respect for fellow employees.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Commitment to SLP’s Health & Safety Program
- Preparation of 2D drawings using AutoCAD
- Project-based controls design, engineering, and implementation
- Assistance with the design and implementation of controls to support major projects
- Project planning, execution, and supervision
- Use of the CMMS for workflow and cost management
- Energy and Material Balances, process engineering (CHE)
- Electrical systems design, metering and SLD updates (ELE)
- Engineering systems management (drawings, standards, specifications)
- Other duties as assigned
- Technically able to learn the mill proactively
- Self-starter who takes action
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Ability to proactively follow up on requests
- Able trouble-shooter and problem solver.
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company.
Slave Lake Pulp is a 240,000 tpy BCTMP mill located approximately 2.5 hours north of Edmonton, Alberta. Slave Lake Pulp is committed to continuous improvement, through operational, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation reliability. We have a collaborative, team culture. Slave Lake is a town of approximately 7,000 residents and has all the amenities of a larger center yet maintains the lifestyle of a small community.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.