Leadership & Management:
- Champions the Pinnacle Owning Safety culture; leads creates and maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legislation and regulations.
- Creates and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders (Plant Management Team, Plant team members, Central Operations, Corporate).
- Excels at communication both written and verbal, establishes and communicates clear expectations (targets); uses great tools to measure and monitor performance and uses a clear accountable system to track & report actions.
- Sets and owns performance standards, communicates to the team and holds accountable through regular communication forums. Completes regular performance reviews and feedback opportunities.
- Coaches on the fly, builds and maintains strong working relationships and proactively mitigates employee relations situations through these relationships.
- Champions onboarding & orientation, providing consistent & coordinated experiences for new hires
- Champions change to drive improved performance. Stays current with production management best practices, increases knowledge through educational opportunities; reads technical publications.
- Maintaining HR records and documentation.
- Takes a lead by example approach to Owning Safety, at home, at work and everywhere.
- Owns and safely delivers on production, on time, on budget and on quality. Allocates resources effectively and fully utilizes assets to produce optimal results.
- Executes the annual budget, minimize costs and expenditures, maintain financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions. Monitors P&L on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Provides a clear sense of direction and focus to the team.
- Works with our Fibre team to ensure raw fibre inventory is adequate to meet plant requirements for volume and cost.
- Oversee the maintenance of all plant assets, ensuring short and long range planning occurs to minimize downtime.
- Leads the coordination of rail car requirements and loading schedules with logistics team.
- Implements Capital projects, safely, on time, on budget.
- Meet plant targets by working in conjunction with corporate support groups such as; Safety team, Central Operations, Woodlands, Logistics and Human Resources.
- All other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5 years of experience leading and motivating high performing teams
- 7 years of progressive plant management experience, preferably in Wood Products Manufacturing
- Previous experience implementing and using continuous improvement tools such as problem-solving, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing.
- Proficient with personal computers and business applications, including the ability to learn new systems and use Microsoft Office Products to analyze data and trends.