Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in Pinnacle’s Owning Safety culture, including the use of DATS for recording safety conversations, observations and training. Regularly sets an example and provides leadership for Owning Safety looks to contribute in all areas of the business.
- Support the leadership team when mentoring and training other employees to ensure employees are properly trained and competent complete with the appropriate documentation.
- Maintains Pinnacle’s high standards of housekeeping within the department and with the participation of all team members.
- Utilizes SDS for all chemicals used in the production and ensures all employees are adequately trained on their use.
- Complete all safety-related Plant Operator Development Program training requirements as required by each Level.
- Participate and communicate on the company radio’s following Pinnacle’s Radio Usage Procedure
- Maintain radio communication that is brief, clear, in a natural speaking voice and contains only essential instructions and Information.
- Active involvement in Pinnacle Entwistle OH&S Committee.
Team & Leadership
- Supervise employees through the Pellet manufacturing process, ensuring compliance to Safety, Production, Quality and operating policies and procedures.
- Support the Production Superintendent to recruit and onboard culturally aligned and technically strong Production hourly team members.
- Lead and document the proper training and safety of all new hires, New & young Workers program, Safety Indoctrination, Onboarding, Job Specific Training, etc.
- Provide technical training to direct reports around mobile equipment, safety, confined space, Hazard Identification, etc.
- Conduct regular and documented performance reviews with all production employees.
- Complete administrative requirements including overseeing shift payroll, overtime signoff, holiday request approval and any performance management required.
- Lead the first step disciplinary process where required including communication and documentation.
- Schedule all production employees in a manner that provides continuous coverage and meets the needs of the employees
- Coordinate holiday planning to ensure continual coverage of necessary positions within the plant.
- Liaise with other Pinnacle management including HR, Safety, Training and Senior Executives.
- Manage the process and material flow of daily, weekly and monthly activities.
- Provide daily and weekly reporting through the work order system on key activities.
- Implements existing production plans and make adjustments as directed or as is necessary to produce products within the required specifications.
- Builds quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements, completing fines, bulk density, and additional testing daily.
- Develop and recommend improvements to facilities, equipment or procedures to improve overall safety, quality and efficiency at the Plant.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for all Quality Systems.
- Monitors the quality of incoming raw materials as well as the finished products by reviewing testing data and constant interaction.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that reinforces Pinnacle’s policies on Quality, Systems and the applicable regulations.
- Works with other Pinnacle management to identify significant environmental impacts of plant operations, establishing goals and targets around significant environmental impacts.
- Schedules and or performs calibrations for plant measuring instruments which include weight scales, moisture testing equipment and other equipment as is required.
- Performs any additional duties as required and at the request of the Plant Manager.
- 3 years of supervisory experience, preference is given to experience working in production and manufacturing environments
- Inspires teammates to follow them
- Works well as a member of a group
- Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks