What if you were given the opportunity to make a difference? It`s time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities! This is your opportunity to be a part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and a global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are an established and expanding Global Business Services Center in Krakow. Thanks to our engaged employees and operational excellence we provide advanced services in the areas of Finance, IT, Global Sourcing, Supply Chain and Global Customer Service. You have the opportunity to contribute your unique talents as you develop a rewarding career and learn from experts in our diverse and international work environment.
The Mill Accountant position (full time temporary/maternity leave coverage) will be responsible for a variety of accounting functions including the interpretation and application of professional standards and company policies. The position reports to the Mill Analyst and will work closely with all Finance team members and within the Mill’s Staff organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Perform monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations, variance analysis, and reports.
- Review financial information such as trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc. and present analysis in a clear manner
- Prepare monthly schedules, operating statements and the consolidated trial balance
- Participate in the annual budgeting process
- Coordinate ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Successfully collaborate with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, controls and provide support on special requests when necessary
- Engage in various department-wide initiatives
- Perform a backup function to other Finance team members as needed
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting or related fields
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, particularly Excel
- A preference for SAP technical Skills
- A post-secondary accounting certification is preferred
- Integrity and trust
- Functional technical skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Decision-making abilities
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Interpersonal skills
International Paper is an equal opportunity employer Our core values: Commitment, Ownership, Respect, Excellence.