- Actively participates in Pinnacle’s Owning Safety culture, including the use of DATS for recording safety conversations, observations and training. Regularly sets an example and provides leadership for Owning Safety looks to contribute in all areas of the business.
- Support the leadership team when mentoring and training other employees to ensure employees are properly trained and competent complete with the appropriate documentation.
- Maintains Pinnacle’s high standards of housekeeping within the department and with the participation of all team members.
- Utilizes SDS for all chemicals used in the production and ensures all employees are adequately trained on their use.
- Complete all safety-related Plant Operator Development Program training requirements as required by each Level.
- Participate and communicate on the company radio’s following Pinnacle’s Radio Usage Procedure
- Maintain radio communication that is brief, clear, in a natural speaking voice and contains only essential instructions and Information.
- Active involvement in Pinnacle Entwistle OH&S Committee.
Routine Daily Maintenance – 75%
- Providing regular and routine maintenance to machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity, and environmental policies are held to the highest standards.
- Install, maintain, inspect and repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment.
- Work with other trades in a team environment, to increase safety, efficiency, quality, and production.
Shutdown and Strategic Capital Projects – 15%
- Provides assistance and expertise to projects including planning as needed.
- Collaborates with other maintenance team members and Pinnacle staff to ensure safety, efficiency, quality and timely execution of projects.
Mentorship and Leadership to Maintenance Staff – 10%
- Champions the Pinnacle Owning Safety Program; active contributor in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legislation and regulations.
- Mentor in house Millwright Apprentices through their professional development.
- Red Seal Certified Millwright
- 5 years of progressive heavy industry experience, preferably in pellet industry, particle board or fibre board industries
- Welding and fabricating experience an asset.
- Experience with wet precipitators an asset.
- Experience in heavy industry operations an asset
- Able to operate mobile equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer proficiency and familiar with work order systems.
- Adaptable to changes in work schedules or work tasks.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Valid Driver’s license.